Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Greetings. If you are reading this, it is because you were invited to by me. The name of the blog should give you an idea of what I mainly intend to blog about: spiritual things with an emphasis on the Bible and what it has to say to the Church. I doubt I will blog about politics very much just because there are so many other christian blogs out there that cover that area.
Some things you should know about me and what I believe: I believe the Bible is the infallible, divinely inspired truth, so the emphasis I referred to earlier is a positive emphasis; I won't be trashing the Bible. My hermeneutic, or the way I study the Bible is with a normal, literal interpretation as opposed to an allegorical, spiritual interpretation. I strongly opposed to both Calvinism and Arminianism, as well as covenant theology and ultra-dispensationalism.
I don't want to come across as arrogant or a know-it-all, but if you don't have to be Mario Andretti to be a good driver, then you shouldn't have to go to Bible college to have a valid opinion. Now I love my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who don't agree with me, so when I post a blog about the Calvinism/Arminianism controversy for example, I don't want to see any posts about how I need to be more loving to those who subscribe to either of those theologies. A brother can be wrong about something and be a brother still. I don't love them any less; I am however, passionate about interpreting the word of God correctly so that it may be applied correctly and get the most use out of it.
So now you know what at least some of the future blogs will be about, and you can brace yourself. I hope you enjoy my thoughts and are not too discouraged to post comments, critiques, etc. The next blog posting can be expected sometime by the end of June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment